cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv stick

Hi I got a Now tv stick from Legoland the other day and all she said was I would have to set up an account and then plug it in. Well I’ve done all that but now my screen is purple with the Now tv logo on it and it won’t change. I thought it might have been loading so I’ve left it for 30mins but it still hasn’t changed. And I’ve reset it but still nothing. Can anyone help?? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User No worries, wasn't sure if by reset you just meant you'd unplugged it. Have you connected the USB cable to the power supply, as it's possible it can't draw sufficient power if just connected to a USB port on the TV. Might also be worth just trying it on a different TV in the house. Otherwise I'd suggest popping onto live chat to see what they suggest and possibly look at a replacement. You can get to live chat from the Contact Us page

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

(expand the Anything Else section at the bottom for options)

Unfortunately there are issues with long wait times on live chat at the moment, so you may need to try later. I'll also tag @Tony-D from the NOW TV Team as he might be able to respond to you direct on here (not sure when he is around tho).

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User There's a setup guide to the stick here that you may find useful

https://help.nowtv.com/article/set-up-your-now-tv-smart-stick

However if it's stuck on the purple loading screen that's not normal, I'd try resetting the stick by pressing in the reset button (while it's connected and showing the screen) for around 10 seconds until you see the stick restart, and see if that helps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Andy thanks
But I’ve tried this. And I’m getting frustrated you know that it’s not working. My now tv box great when I had one but this is very different!
If you can think of anything else It would be greatly appreciated 😊
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User No worries, wasn't sure if by reset you just meant you'd unplugged it. Have you connected the USB cable to the power supply, as it's possible it can't draw sufficient power if just connected to a USB port on the TV. Might also be worth just trying it on a different TV in the house. Otherwise I'd suggest popping onto live chat to see what they suggest and possibly look at a replacement. You can get to live chat from the Contact Us page

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

(expand the Anything Else section at the bottom for options)

Unfortunately there are issues with long wait times on live chat at the moment, so you may need to try later. I'll also tag @Tony-D from the NOW TV Team as he might be able to respond to you direct on here (not sure when he is around tho).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks I appreciate it a lot!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User No worries, hope it gets sorted.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks I appreciate it a lot!

Hi @Anonymous User How are you powering the stick? Hopefully it's not a physical fault at this point

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Through the cable that plugs into the wall??
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
Through the cable that plugs into the wall??

Sorry for the late response @Anonymous User Can you try plugging the power cable into a USB port on your TV and trying then? Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Been trying for some time to resolve a problem 

i can get all the sports channels apart from the the live football which is what I want to watch tried countless times to resolve the matter with the help team but seem to be getting sent round in circles  but still no joy . They actually sent me out a second stick but this has the same problem