cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv stick stuck on setup

bought a now tv stick and I’m trying to go through the setup screen and after downloading new software it gets stuck on now tv logo. Tried resetting and turning off etc. 

any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I would give it about 10 to 15 minutes if it is stuck on the NowTV pink welcome screen, then if it was me i would try a full factory reset by holding the small reset button on the stick for about 6 seconds.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve tried that... still won’t pass the logo flashing after software update 

😩 thanks tho 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

This is a bit of a long shot and i am not sure it will work whilst stuck on the NowTV pink welcome logo screen.

Is to see if you can access the factory reset option via the secret hidden menu on the stick.

To access this hidden menu press home button 5 times, quickly followed by pressing the FF button 3 times, quickly followed by pressing the RW button 2 times on the NowTV remote.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No doesn’t work sorry. 

Anyone else solved this problem?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you got another TV just to temporary test the stick ?

If so, i would hook up the stick to a different TV using the supplied power adapter, reboot your router and try another factory reset, this time maybe hold the reset button for about 12 secs whilst the stick is powered up to see if the same thing happens.

Other than that, unless somebody has come across this problem with a known fix, then maybe look at getting a replacement stick under warranty.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok I’ll try this when I get home thanks