cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv stick remote the on off button at the top of the remote does not work

Hi just got a now tv stick everything is working but the on off button at the top of the remote does not work now tv will not switch off unless i unplug it i got mine yesterday took the first one back as i had this problem second one does exactly the same thing help please

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The on / off button towards the top of the nowtv stick remote is purley designed to switch your television into & out of the standby mode.

This button is not intended to switch off the stick, hence the reason both sticks that you have tried are operating the same way.

The stick only consumes a low amount of power in both it's operating or idle mode and if the stick is connected to your TV usb port, then the stick should power down when you switch your TV into standby or off.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It is connect via the mains not usb is it safe to leave it plugged as it
does get warm

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The NowTV sticks does run warm, but unless you see the constant red warning light on the stick or the warning message on your TV screen which indicates overheating problems, then i would have thought it would be fine leaving the power adapter plugged in at the mains.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/red-light-overheating-warning

If you are still worried, then maybe switch off the stick by unplugging the mains adapter each night before you go to bed or when not used for long periods such has going away on holidays etc.