cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv stick remote keeps freezing

So I've just come home from a holiday and wanted to watch some YouTube on now tv stick, I turn it on, all seems fine u till I go on YouTube and select a video, but as soon as I select it, my now tv stick has no response, it only can turn up and down my TV, and it also lost Internet connection too.

So I restarted my device and it didn't pair until about 1 min of it being active, I repard the device but same thing when I go on any app like YouTube, Is there a fix for this?? It is still freezing even when I change the batteries in it too

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Does the smart remote freeze and lockup only on the YouTube App or is it happening on all Apps on the stick ?

If it's just the YouTube App have you tried to remove the App from your My Apps section by using the * star button and follow the on screen instructions, then go to Apps Store on the stick and re add the YouTube App again.

Should all Apps be encountering the same problem with the NowTV smart remote, then what happens if you use the Roku Remote Controller App with a smartphone or tablet.

Does the Roku Remote Controller App work with the stick ?

More information about the Roku Remote App which should work on all branded NowTV devices should you have a wifi connection on your home network.

https://www.roku.com/en-gb/mobile-app 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes all the apps are freezing up, it's even in the home screen too, it's so frustrating