cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv stick or Roku?

Hi, got another question. I was running now tv through chrome and casting from my I pad, but then decided it would be simpler to get a now stick. I ordered it through Amazon and it arrived today. It’s got the yellow now marks on the remote and the stick has Now all over it, as has the box, but the box also has Roku on it.

The Roku app comes up, plus netflix and other apps. Have I got a Now stick or Roku? What’s the difference, everything seems to be working!

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You have a NowTV Stick.

There is a tie up between NowTV and Roku, where NowTV commission Roku to build their Hardware for them with a stripped down custom version of Roku own devices with less Apps on the NowTV branded devices (though for me the only streaming App that is now missing on NowTV is the Amazon Prime Video App).

The NowTV devices also runs a Roku OS but with a custom version around NowTV requirements.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you Schnapps,
My children , grandchildren and great grandchildren keep telling me people over seventy shouldn’t be allowed near technology but with lovely people like you on this friendly forum I think we can cope!
We only use it for sky channels, we have a communal dish and it’s unwatchable most of the time because of seagulls on the roof!
Thanks again, take care
Sue