cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate

Now tv stick not working

hiya, I’ve got a smart tv in the lounge and have the now tv app and it works fine. But in my bedroom I’ve got the smart stick and it’s not connecting to the internet, and keeps telling me to restart my device. I’ve done this many times and it’s still not working. I’ve even reset to factory settings it will work for a day then I’ll have the same problem. What can I do to fix this issue?

0 Thanks
5 Replies
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Now tv stick not working

Hi @AshleeHawkes 

Sounds to me that the NowTV stick is losing the wifi signal with your Router.

When you go into the Stick menu settings under Network > About what's the wifi reception showing ?

A couple of things i would try is if your television has a side HDMI port on it, then swap the Stick to a side facing HDMI port instead of plugging it into a HDMI port on the back of the television.

You could also try a HDMI extender fly lead to move the Stick away from the television casing in an attempt to improve the wifi reception.

Look at playing around with your Router wifi channels and if the Router is dual band try both 2.4 & 5ghz wifi bands.

If no improvement maybe look at a wifi booster or change the Stick with a box and use Ethernet over home power plugs.

You could also try a replacement Stick under warranty just in case the first stick was faulty.

I find from my testing that a Roku Stick Plus with the external wifi antenna has much better wifi signal reception and is more stable from my experience than the NowTV Stick that i rarely use in my home setup and the Stick is left in the spare guest bedroom which is hardly used.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Sorry if I'm interrupting a conversation but cannot get help anywhere. I had an email from now TV to ask  why I have cancelled it. I have a stick that I paid £12 For and it has been fine until I changed tv yesterday. Now it has been cancelled but not by me!!!! What can I do please? 

0 Thanks
NOW TV Team
NOW TV Team

@Beacon 

Hello There thanks for getting in touch with us, if you did not request the cancellation, then has anyone else access to your NOW TV subscription that  may have cancelled it? check your online account and the 'My passes' Section have you any active passes? 

Thanks
Nadine-K
The Now TV Team 🙂
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

<meta charset="UTF-8" />
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Hi, no one else has access to my  account. I'm being told it was cancelled on the 30th of Jan. I was away then so wouldn't of cancelled it. I only cancelled my sky cinema pass at the beginging of Jan so it would end befire the next month.

0 Thanks