cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv stick not working

hiya, I’ve got a smart tv in the lounge and have the now tv app and it works fine. But in my bedroom I’ve got the smart stick and it’s not connecting to the internet, and keeps telling me to restart my device. I’ve done this many times and it’s still not working. I’ve even reset to factory settings it will work for a day then I’ll have the same problem. What can I do to fix this issue?

12 REPLIES 12
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sounds to me that the NowTV stick is losing the wifi signal with your Router.

When you go into the Stick menu settings under Network > About what's the wifi reception showing ?

A couple of things i would try is if your television has a side HDMI port on it, then swap the Stick to a side facing HDMI port instead of plugging it into a HDMI port on the back of the television.

You could also try a HDMI extender fly lead to move the Stick away from the television casing in an attempt to improve the wifi reception.

Look at playing around with your Router wifi channels and if the Router is dual band try both 2.4 & 5ghz wifi bands.

If no improvement maybe look at a wifi booster or change the Stick with a box and use Ethernet over home power plugs.

You could also try a replacement Stick under warranty just in case the first stick was faulty.

I find from my testing that a Roku Stick Plus with the external wifi antenna has much better wifi signal reception and is more stable from my experience than the NowTV Stick that i rarely use in my home setup and the Stick is left in the spare guest bedroom which is hardly used.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry if I'm interrupting a conversation but cannot get help anywhere. I had an email from now TV to ask  why I have cancelled it. I have a stick that I paid £12 For and it has been fine until I changed tv yesterday. Now it has been cancelled but not by me!!!! What can I do please? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Hello There thanks for getting in touch with us, if you did not request the cancellation, then has anyone else access to your NOW TV subscription that  may have cancelled it? check your online account and the 'My passes' Section have you any active passes? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

<meta charset="UTF-8" />
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, no one else has access to my  account. I'm being told it was cancelled on the 30th of Jan. I was away then so wouldn't of cancelled it. I only cancelled my sky cinema pass at the beginging of Jan so it would end befire the next month.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, my now tv stick is not working, I tried this as it seemed like a similar problem but my stick  isn’t showing anything at all on my screen now, there’s no light coming on it either, I’ve checked every connection and it’s still not working at all, could someone help?! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If there is no white or flashing light on the Stick, then how are you powering the Stick ?

Are you using the supplied power outlet adapter or USB off your television for power.

Would it be possible to try both and would you have a spare USB micro to USB Standard cable to compare against the original supplied USB cable ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
There is no flashing white light coming on at all and i’m powering it with the cable and plug that was supplied
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

To eliminate the supplied cable and power adapter plug, does your television have a USB port rated at 5V DC 900MA and if so plug the USB cable into the USB port on your television for power to see if any light shows on the Stick.

You could try a USB 5V DC 500 MA port if your television doesn't support the above specification to see if the light appears on the Stick, but this will be insufficient to operate the Stick.

If your television doesn't support a USB port, then would you have a USB charger rated at 5V DC 1A or higher to try with the Stick.

Ideally to eliminate the USB cable it would be handy to swap out the USB cable has well.

You could try holding in the reset button on the Stick for around 15 seconds, but if there is no visible sign if either a white or flashing white light is showing on the Stick, then it sounds like the Stick or power feed to the Stick is broken.