cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv stick keeps dropping connection

On my second stick already and having same problem as the first. It only happens on the now tv app. IPlayer is fine, itv hub etc fine but on now tv keeps cutting out with "connection lost" and immediately after I get "connection back". Wi-Fi connection is good, speed is good. With Plusnet for broadband. All other devices working fine for now tv. Complete mystery having spent hours on live chat restarting and cold resets.

This sounds like a massively shoddy product right now, faulty.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous User
Not applicable

my new stick keeps dropping out also. It seems to get really hot too. I know its not my Internet connection as my old now box connects and works just fine. I'm hoping for a replacement when I can get to argos eventually...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unplug your router then plug it back in after a couple of minutes it should work as i had the same problem did that and it works fine 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue reset and updated software etc still continues to drop connection continually.nuisance as the interface is good. Working fine via Apple TV but interface is rubbish on the Apple TV app.
Waiting for customer service to give me the next hoop to jump through....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have done all this several times. All other devices fine. It happens when watching 3 or more episodes. Fed up with it, think now tv no longer worth the hassle and increased price 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here. Overheating, as far as I can tell - not actual disconnecting. No reaction to remote for few seconds suggest, that it is overheating and becoming non responsive. Happens when using Now TV app. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here with new Smart Stick delivered yesterday.

Initial setup went OK but it got halfway through a movie and just locked up. Restarting it barely got through the Home screen before dropping the WiFi again. Stick is very hot. Repeated attempts to restart everything and resume failed.

Eventually gave up and rented the same movie from Amazon on FireTV so we could finish watching (in same location, just 6m from the WiFi router) and that works just fine.

I've tried moving router to different WiFi channels and I've checked for gaps in WiFi channels used by neighbors (all clear on Channel 3)... makes no difference. If the stick is hot I get regular drop-outs of WiFi and Home screen shows "No connection".

Really poor quality hardware not fit for purpose IMHO.

I'm sending it back today.