cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv stick keeps dropping connection

On my second stick already and having same problem as the first. It only happens on the now tv app. IPlayer is fine, itv hub etc fine but on now tv keeps cutting out with "connection lost" and immediately after I get "connection back". Wi-Fi connection is good, speed is good. With Plusnet for broadband. All other devices working fine for now tv. Complete mystery having spent hours on live chat restarting and cold resets.

This sounds like a massively shoddy product right now, faulty.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same issue along with the getting too hot warning. Stick does seem to have problems.

Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

What temperature is your stick?  Mine hit 102 earlier, but have never had any warnings.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problem with my stick 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The stick has been terrible for me ...it's basically junk gets too hot cuts off ...or wont connect at all if I'm lucky I can get 10min then it drops connection or it will freeze.  I have 70meg internet no other device in my network disconnects like this very poor device.  It's so bad I'd even go as far as to say it's not fit purpose ....I spend more time resetting the stick then I do watching it . Absolutely terrible  no point in paying for a pass as it will be wasted money 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem, but I'm playing from my ps4, not the stick. It plays the annoying adds at the beginning, then I watch the 4 circle's spinning around until I get bored. This service really isn't good enough for paying customers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes i also am having trouble with the connection to the now Tv App. I moved the stick to another TV and it worked for a few hours and then the same issue with Sky Pass - keeps losing connection.

The stick is incredibly hot.

I do not think this product is  fully ready for market.  i would avoid if possible.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same problems with the NOW TV stick, it gets too hot then freezes and I'm forever resetting both the stick and my hub. 

I've decided it's going in the bin and lesson learned not to buy the stick again but keep the boxes.

NOW TV need to sort it out!!!.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Im having the same problem it says connection dropped when I turn it on

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm has been doing the same now for a few weeks. I have had enough. Any1 managed to solve this issue??