cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv stick connection issues/crashing

I have had a now TV stick for around a month now, in the last 2 weeks it has been endless issues with it, apps such as channel 4 and 5 stopping and going back to the homescreen, the stick crashes and wont even register the remote after a few minutes i get a remote control icon with a full battery in the top right corner of my tv after a few minutes the stick registers the remote and gradually responds but very delayed to start with. It also whilst watching things will pop up saying connection lost then instantly connection back but will kick me off what i was watching and this can be on the apps and live stream, when this happens it doesnt register what i was last watching or even where i was (when watching catch up or films) so have to start it again and find the point i got to. This was bad enough but over the last 2 days ever 5 to 10 minutes when watching it will say connection lost along the top and then tell me im not connected and to set up a connection, this even occurred whilst i was looking at the about section under network in the settings which at the same time told me i was connected showed my router name and had connection status as excellent and showing the download speed well above whats needed. I have checked my router everytime this happens and my internet speed is the same as when no issue is occurring. The Now tv app on my tablet which is old and slow at the best of times plays a full film with no issues at all. All devices in my house have no issues and i have even disconnected every device when watching so and still the same issues are occurring. Ive checked updates thats all fine and rebooted it still nothing has worked. And the connection lost doesnt appear at all when nothing is playing. Please HELP!!!!!!!

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had the same thing happen. Everytime I try and use mine it disconnects.  Its a joke  I plug in anything else and they work fine, my amazon stick works perfectly and is in the same place.  I don't understand.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Its ridiculous yet the app works perfectly on my phone etc. The funny thing is i had the box originally for over 2 years with no issues until early this year when it wouldnt work, after a lot of solutions that didnt work they provided the stick as a replacement i asked for another box but they said they dont do these anymore and bigged the stick up like its the best thing ever and found non stop problems, they instantly say its the internet but the box never had an issue with the connection and no other device does. I have conacted Now about the stick and heard nothing from them!

It might be time to stop paying money for an unusable service and pay a bit more for something thats reliable