cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv stick asking for pass I don’t have as it’s a reset issue

Please help.. my now tv remote kept flashing so I eventually pressed reset on the stick, I’m now being asked for a pass code I don’t have as I set this up ages ago 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sounds like you have factory reset the Stick.

Is there a six digit activation code displaying on your television screen ?

If so and you are a UK customer try entering the code from the television screen by typing the code in the box in this link below.

https://www.nowtv.com/gb/tv 

Should you be a Republic of Ireland customer use www.nowtv.com/ie/tv instead to direct you to the ROI link page to enter the code.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sounds like you have factory reset the Stick.

Is there a six digit activation code displaying on your television screen ?

If so and you are a UK customer try entering the code from the television screen by typing the code in the box in this link below.

https://www.nowtv.com/gb/tv 

Should you be a Republic of Ireland customer use www.nowtv.com/ie/tv instead to direct you to the ROI link page to enter the code.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the help!

Unfortunately I’ve had to log it with live chat, hopefully they can resolve the issue. The remote pairs then immediately starts flashing so I can’t proceed, I’m just going round in circles 😩

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't know if anything in this linked thread helps or not.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/remote-control-troubleshooting 

When re pairing the remote with the Stick, try fresh batteries and move the remote closer to the Stick when going through the re pairing process.

Also if the Stick is connected to another television in your home further away from your Router and you have a television closer to your Router, then try temporarily setting up the Stick & Remote on the closest television to your Router.

Whilst waiting for live chat to help you out and if you wish to use your Stick, then maybe download the free Roku App from your smartphone Apps Store, where you can use the Roku App has a remote controller to operate the Stick.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for all your help , it’s much appreciated! 
unfortunately nothing is working I’m pretty sure this is a faulty remote issue. Hopefully now TV can resolve the issue. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I.am guessing you have tried a full factory reset on the Stick by holding in the reset button on the Stick for about 15 seconds whilst the Stick is powered on.

Then setup the Stick and remote again from scratch.

Also if you are using the USB port on your television to power the Stick, perhaps see if using the supplied power adapter makes any difference (i doubt it will have no effect, but worth a shot).