cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv stick Sky Sports

Just purchased Now tv stick with Sky Sports, connects by WiFi had that checked with provider.   Terrible quality picture blurred & pixelated hoped to watch Ryder Cup - seen similar complaints - any advice ? Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is a Sky Sports pass that came with the Stick for info. As forgot to write that !

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Just purchased Now tv stick with Sky Sports, connects by WiFi had that checked with provider.   Terrible quality picture blurred & pixelated hoped to watch Ryder Cup - seen similar complaints - any advice ? Thanks

How far are you away from your router?  Are there obstructions?  How fast is your broadband?

Generally the stick works well with a good wifi signal, but not so well with a poor signal.

One thing to try is to use iPlayer or similar on your phone or laptop where the stick is located.  See if that works well.  If you have a spare device slot do the same with the Now TV app. 

It might be worth pausing the live channel.  Wait a minute for it to cache up and see if that helps.  Sometimes I have issues when a program starts but it improves within a minute or two.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My now sky sports keeps blurring I have done all the checks I have the stick.Now works perfectly on my mobile and does not work properly on my LG TV can you help

noeyedeer
Scholar 2

I keep hearing stuff about poor wi-fi signals, but i'm not convinced that's a common issue. I've had 4 or 5 different wi-fi routers over the years and i don't think i've ever had a problem of a low wi-fi signal. My Now tv box is about 5 inches from my router and the picture is nearly always poor. The picture is noticeably better on the stick (which i have upstairs, a lot further away from the router), but i'm still always having to "restart" the lot to get a better picture. The problem is with the software on the boxes and sticks. If it wasn't, then restarting it wouldn't be of any benefit.