cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv offline

Just got a new now tv stick yesterday as I had the box before but this is no longer supported ..

had issues setting the stick up in the first place as the remote wouldn’t pair with it and then I was stuck in an endless loop of updates , restart, updates, restart ... however I finally got it set up and NOW I just have a giant tv screen saying “now tv is currently unavailable” arghhh what is going on with this stick?! Had zero issues in 5 years of having the box! 

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you tried pressing the Sky Store button on the Stick remote, then once the Sky Store screen appears on your TV , then press the Home Button on the remote.

Hopefully this will clear the "Unavailable Error Message" .

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps 

i tried pressing all the buttons but nothing happened , I ended up reseting the stick and I’m now currently stuck back at the trying to pair my remote bit again , just doesn’t seem to want to do it, it’s a vicious circle! Lol 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What's the WiFi signal like behind the television you have placed the Stick ?

If the WiFi signal is pretty decent and you are going around in circles, then live chat might be your best option.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps It should be brilliant cz the router is behind my tv also! Lol I tried the live chat but that was even more frustrating than trying to set this thing up lol cz it’s just a robot and none of the suggestions were the issue I was trying to deal with so it got me nowhere unfortunately 

at this point in ready for throwing it in the bin lol 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sometimes placing a Router to close to an internet streaming device causes connection problems.

See if temporary moving the Router further away from your Stick makes any difference.

Also if you have a dual band Router, try 5ghz first before jumping to 2.4ghz.

To reach live chat use the green chat button on this link page below (not sure if they close early due to Covid-19).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps 

Thanks, I ended up putting the stick into another tv and I’ve managed to set it up on their instead, all seems to be working fine now , thanks for your help 🙂