cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv app and home missing

Hi 

my now tv stick is missing the now tv app and also the home display. I have tried a few things already like . 

Factory reset 

turned it off and back on 

reset via button on stick 

checked for updates

downloaded the now tv app from the store again so it’s on my apps but still will not start and still no home screen 

any ideas ?? 

Also no error code 

10 REPLIES 10
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

NowTV have fubared it at their end. Various suggested fixes, all involving factory resets, have apparently worked for some people but not others.

How many decades ago was it drummed into me that you never release a software update just before, or during, a holiday?

But it seems every generation has to learn this anew. And at our expense.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah seems that way . Also it’s ridiculous there’s not a phone number to call total crap think I’ll go back to downloading on the pc lol 

fixed it myself with zero help from now tv or sky 

noeyedeer
Scholar 2

I have had the same issue today, but silly me i thought maybe i'd sat on the remote and deleted apps by accident. I've re-added the mysteriously disappeared Now tv app. It wouldn't load, so i checked for updates. Installed updates, then it started up. I started watching one of the new Dads Army episodes. It was playing fine, but about halfway through the app just froze then rebooted itself. It's loaded up again now, gawwwd knows what they've done this time. Probably had Pike in the office doing work experience!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How did you manage to fix it? Think I need to do the same to mine as have same issue 😵

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why is the now tv icon missing in my homepage

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The app is gone here too. I've done a network reset and factory reset.

Tragic

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Gone from what device?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV stick as per the OP

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

My now tv app also disappeared after the update (Aug 2020) that changed the 'look' of now tv. I can go to the app store to access it and when I click on it I'm taken to the 'old look' now tv screens but it doesn't show on 'my apps', but at least it works when I click on it in appstore.  Did you ever sort your problem as I wonder if yours was due to an update too?