cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now sick update

I have had the now stick for a couple of weeks now, today when watching live sport the  stick lost internet connection and when internet connection came back it kept buffing, I looked at the settings and it showed poor internet connection. I checked my speed and it was showing fast on the speed test.

I went and checked the speed on my roku stick on my tv upstairs and it showed  good connection , so I swopped them over and the roku again showed good connection where the now stick showed up bad connection again. My Roku stick has not buffed at all where the now stick still does once in a while.

This is telling me that the new now stick has a problem where picking up WiFi , but why as there both made by Roku.

I have now kept the Roku attached to my main tv even though it is older and has a slower response time. I’m considering getting a new up to date Roku stick to replace the  new Now stick.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Since connecting to the mains rather than to my USB port on tv and forcing an update , every thing seems ok, so hopefully my problem is solved. Only time will tell .

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous User
Not applicable

None of my tv usb ports power the sticks on their own.   I have had to connect them to the mains.  I cannot yet complain about their connection, picture has been great, no buffering or any other issues, but I am a little concerned about how hot they feel !!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User  Hi , it’s natural for the sticks to get warm , I see a few people mention this , Because of this I switch mine of at the mains before I go to bed  ( For my own reassurance ) although I read that it can be left on 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If its the Hub 3 then it is dual band.

One way to avoid conflicts in which band your device connects to is to go into the router settings and give each band a new SSID of its own i.e VM*****2.4 + VM*****5, you can select which band you wish to connect to then.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Since connecting to the mains rather than to my USB port on tv and forcing an update , every thing seems ok, so hopefully my problem is solved. Only time will tell .