cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now Tv smart stick not displaying a picture

I first set my smart stick up about two weeks ago and had it working fine. Then I came to use it now and when I click on the hdmi option on my tv the tv just displays HDMI not connected. I've tried it on multiple TV's and i'm having the same problem. Has anyone got any suggestions or similar experience please? Cheers 

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Was going to say try a different HDMI port on your TV, but if you have tried the stick on another television then i don't think it's a HDMI conflict issue between the stick and your TV.

Make sure that you are using the supplied power adpator that came with the stick, just in case the usb port is not drawing sufficient power to operate the stick and perhaps try a factory reset by holding the reset button on the stick for about 6 seconds whilst the stick is powered up.

If there is no light showing on the stick after the above, then there is always the possibility that it's faulty and needs replacing under warranty.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My stick has done the same thing - just stopped working completely after less than a week. There is absolutely no display on the screen when I try to use the stick. It's not an HDMI problem (doesn't work in any HDMI port, other devices work in all of them), it's not a power problem (I'm using the mains power adapter and the power light is on) and it's not a remote control problem (I can use the remote to change volume or put the TV to sleep).

Is there any quality control on these things?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @schnapps , the factory seemed to work after a bit of perseverance. Thanks again.