cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now Tv Smart Stick

I've just purchased a Smart Stick and started to set it up on my tv but unfortunately it won't let me continue to the next stage of setting up the box it keeps staying something went wrong and I'm unsure what it could be is it the stick or my tv or the internet which one?? Please a help!! 

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same issue ourselves. Purchased a new 'smart' stick, plugged in and trying to download updates, which are failing, despite being connected to WIFI. Error code 006

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Are you using any extra security software features or blocking specific sites on your router and if so try temporary disabling them to allow the nowtv stick to finish it's setup.

If not, maybe try pressing the reset button on the router to switch it back to it's default settings.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

What stage do you get until you get the message ?

Do you get past connecting to your home network wifi by showing the three green ticks on your TV screen ?

Or does the trouble occur when attempting to activate the 6 digit code shown on your TV screen ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello

Did you ever get a resolve for this?

Now tv help site is useless, no contact number. 

Just got the stick thinking what a waste of time

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you still stuck ?

If so how far have you got setting up the stick, is there any message or error code on your television ?

The more information you provide the better chance a fellow forum member / members can offer you help & assistance on the matter before pointing you towards the NowTV live chat web service.