cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV stick via hdmi splitter

Has anyone used a Now TV stick via a HDMI splitter, one of my TV's doesn;t have enough HDMI ports, so I use an auto HDMI 4 port switcher with a PS4,PS3, and Freesat box connected. Would the stick work through a HDMI switcher?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No Issues using my Now TV stick via hdmi splitter.  Have a 5 way splitter which also has Amazon fire Stick, Chromcast & a blu ray player attached.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

How many HDMI ports does the TV have, is it just the one which is connected to your external 4 way splitter ?

I don't own a smart stick to test on my HDMI splitter (where an older Roku Stick worked fine on a HDMI splitter in my setup ).

Hopefully somebody who owns a nowtv smart stick will confirm either way, however with HDMI all components in the chain need to complete the HDMI handshake and where somebodies HDMI splitter will work there is no guarantee it will work on another different model HDMI splitter.

You may be better off buying the nowtv smart stick from a Retailer who has a no quibble returns policy and should the stick not work in your setup then the Retailer will give you a full money back refund.

Wiltshire2013
Scholar

I have my Now Tv stick plugged into an hdmi switch along with a Chromecast & DVD player and works perfectly. The switch was a Kinivo branded one bought from Amazon. Hope this helps.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No Issues using my Now TV stick via hdmi splitter.  Have a 5 way splitter which also has Amazon fire Stick, Chromcast & a blu ray player attached.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I came to ask a similar question to the OP, I've had a NOW boxfor some time but decided to update to a stick. I also have a Fire stick and at the minute I can only have one or the other plugged in, which is annoying. I aslo keep an EHD plugged in. So I got my answer, yes it can be done and I need a HDMO splitter, but could anyone give me a recommendation on which one? I'm hopeless when it comes to buying tech accessories. TIA

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why can't I plug in Amazon and Now TV into a splitter. Either one works, but when both are plugged in at the same time, one stops working! Help?!