cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV stick remote loses pairing

Hi all!

I have a problem with my NowTV stick remote. Every time I don’t use the device for at least one day, I can’t wake it up using the remote. I must connect with the app from the smartphone, and I need to redo the remote pairing because it is not paired anymore. I switched off the “shutdown after 4 hours” setting and even have a warranty replacement, but nothing changed. Everything is up to date and there is no problem with the router connection (because the app connection always works).

Does anyone have the same problem?

Thank you!

Massimiliano

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I have a similar problem, I have to reboot the stick and redo the pairing every time..... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Me too.

usually I can re-pair the remote and stick but today I can’t get it to pair up at all. Very annoying!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anyone from NowTV support care to comment?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Hows the battery health of your respective remotes?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Brand new in mine. It’s the first thing I did.
The green light is flashing furiously but still not talking to the stick.
Maybe next door’s channels keep changing, not mine 😂
I’ve resorted to using the app from my phone which works fine. I’m ok with
that at the moment.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, yes they are good. Lately I tried to change the 2.4 GHz channel of my WiFi router to 4 (fixed) and it was almost solved. The problem seemed to be caused by the router overlapping to some channels (maybe the 6 one) when changing it in a dynamic way. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is exactly what I'm experiencing, and have been experiencing for about 3-4 weeks. 

To me that suggests a firmware issue somewhere. 

I'm on Talk Talk Internet. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same issue. When I first installed the smart stick it would work straight away, and I'd get a battery-level indicator for the remote when it connected.

Now, each time I turn it on (it's powered from a USB port on the TV which powers off with the TV) I have to re-pair the remote.

I'm using the NowTV phone app as a work around, but it's not ideal and I'd like a proper fix for the remote issue.

Anyone any ideas?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI,

I too have the same issue evry time I come to use the NowTV Stick/Remote. I was sent a second Stick & Remote and had the same problem. The reason NowTV do not respond to this issue on this forum is because they know there is an issue and do not as yet have an answer. I am going to request a complete refund and try Amazon Firestick.

I lost a few hours of my life on 3 chats with NowTV. Useless.