cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV stick not working

My now TV stick is always plugged into the HDMI in the tele. I was watching it last night and when I woke up this morning there is no life to it. The light isn’t displayed on the stick. I have tried different cables. I have tried the original cables. Still nothing. I tried the stick in another tele and still nothing?? Strange how it worked and then just stopped!! Any ideas! Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6
Geluk
Expert 2

Where's the stick's USB plugged into?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So there is the plug, then the wire which is USB into the plug, then the other end of the wire is a bit like an android charger end which plugs into the stick and then the stick is HDMI that plugs in the tele! does that make sense?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

The USB adapter might be at fault here. 

However as a test you could put the USB power cable into the TV?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The exact same thing has happened to mine. It’s like it’s lost all power no matter what I do. Have changed usb plug, have moved HDMI ports, have tried to rest. Remote is working with TV but not doing anything to do with the stick as it seems to have lost all functionality. Any help would be greatly appreciated 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Any white light showing or flashing on the Stick when the Stick is powered up ?

if not have you tried another Standard USB to Micro USB cable with the different USB mains charger you mentioned which needs to be more than 5V 1A ?

Also if you have another television in the home, i would be tempted to test the Stick on a different TV to see if the same symptoms persists.

Last resort see if pressing the reset button on the Stick for 15 seconds to see if it will factory reset.

Other than that you may have a faulty Stick.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yeah this is exactly the same as me! I spoke to someone at now tv and I was just advised to take it back to the shop I purchased it from but I don’t have a receipt or the box 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️#- Please type your reply above this line -##