cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV stick no longer connects to my tv

Hello. I used my Now TV stick for the first time last week and it connected and worked perfectly. Now I’m trying to use it again but it won’t even connect this time. I have a Sony Bravia TV and when I switch to the HDMI input of the Now TV stick, the screen just says “Unsupported signal. Check your device output.” I’ve gone through my TV settings but I can’t find why it’s not working and all the other devices connected to the other HDMI inputs are fine. Any advice or assistance would be much appreciated. 

5 REPLIES 5
RoyB
Legend

The NowTV Stick has very modest requirements, so it should work on your TV, no trouble.

Can you, even if only temporarily, try swapping it onto another HDMI port, and see if it is working there?

If not, can you try it on another TV? (A friend or family one, possibly, if you only have one TV - that’s the beauty of the Stick’s portability).

Either the Stick won’t work there - in which case it has probably gone faulty, so take it back where you bought it for a replacement - or it will, in which case the TV is likely at fault.

Especially if it is one of those prima donna Android sets. You can try pointing the TV remote at the TV when it is switched on, and holding down the On/Standby button on the remote for just over five seconds, which will make an Android set reboot.

If that doesn’t work, or works but doesn’t fix it, then the invariable advice with these sets is to do a Factory Reset; if this seems to be what’s needed, and you can’t find out how, come back with the exact TV model number, and we’ll see if we can point you to the relevant instructions.

But do come back anyway, and tell us what did or didn’t work, for the benefit of posterity....

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. We only bought a NowTV stick on 26/01/20. We have a Sony Bravia tv that is just 1 year old. We had masses of trouble in getting the TV to recognise the NowTv stick. We had to call a TV engineer in to help. Eventually it worked but only for a short time. The signal/link from the TV to the Nowtv stick has kept falling out (I do not know the technical term).  It has now failed completely, even though I have rebooted the TV, the internet connection and tried other HDMI ports. I plugged the Nowtv stick into another TV in the house. It did connect up but the sound and vision were not in sync. So no good there. I find it so annoying that you can't speak to some-one to help over the phone. If anyone can give us some guidance, please give us instructions in simple terms. We are at the end of our tether and will cancel Nowtv, make a complaint and get our money back. HELP!  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi We have a SONY - Bravia KD49XF7596BU 49" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV which we bought on 26/01/2019. Why won't the NowTV stick work?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nothing that has been suggested works.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm in the same boat. I've had my stick since September/October and it worked perfectly with my panasonic tv until this week when the stick isn't recognised on either of the HDMI points. 

I've attempted resets, disconnections and even restarting my wi-fi but nothing has worked. Are the NowTV team able to look in to this?

I tried contacting them via live chat but it doesn't seem to be working.