cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV stick needs reconnecting to WiFi

Every time I put my TV into standby, and then try to watch nowtv again,I have to reconnect the WiFi.  There’s no issue with signal.  Driving me crazy.  Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Are you using the usb port off your TV to run the nowtv stick ?

If so, what happens if you use the supplied power adapter instead, does the stick still lose the wifi connection on your router when you switch your TV into standby ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Will try that. I wondered if it was a power issue. Thanks for the input.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sadly this didn’t work. Does the stick need some time to connect to a network?  WiFi is 1 metre away?  

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I don't use a nowtv stick in my setup, where i tend to use a nowtv box wired over Ethernet.

Maybe try moving your router further away in your room from your stick, where having the router so close within 1 metre might not be the ideal situation.

If your router is dual band try using a wifi channel on the 5 ghz frequency band to see if the wifi is more stable without losing the  network connection,

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think Im experiencing more or less exactly the same issue OP.... I've been having a few problems with this stick, only bought it Black Friday.

USB powered from the TV and wirelessly connected to a 2.4GHz hot-spot. A few variables to test then?

I generally have issues and a "no wireless connection error" when switiching my TV on but I've just been watching the live darts and I lost Now TV/wireless. Had to watch on my PS4. I've tried stick factory resets etc. but the problem remains.

Will test some things out later.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for the update. The stick is still showing errors but if I ignore them it works. It’s annoying.