cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV stick ... many issues... mostly audio sync issues

Bad buffering, bad audio sync slippage.. over heating, crashing...

List is endless ... not a stable piece of hardware by any means!

Not happy.
8 REPLIES 8
Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

I've only used this for a week but i'm yet to experience any of those issues including buffering or crashing.  Do you experience bad audio sync slippage on live TV or certain catchup programs? - Seems perfect this end.  I find the stick feels slightly warm to the touch which i consider normal connected via mains adapter.  Compared to my older black box, i find this has so far exceeded my expectations with  the updated remote control functions, home menu and snappier performance.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If I’d suffered from audio slippage on live tv I wouldn’t be complaining about it in the NowTV community... would I ..

It’s a problem with the NowTV stick... alongside the crashing and overheating and bad WiFi connection.

Think I’m going to bin it if it can’t be resolved and go back to the box instead... had far less problems.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

why wouldn't you complain here about live tv ? now tv includes live streams so reasonable question to ask if you suffer issues on both on demand and live tv .
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I use the proper digital satelite receiver to wach live tv... not sure why I would want to stream live TV through the Roku stick..

The audio lag is on most things on the stick.

Netflix which is built into my TV has no such issues.

Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

Sounds like either you have a faulty stick, bad eye sight or connection issues...I would get a replacement 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Basically you’ve no idea.

Any actual NowTV professionals care to answer?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have exactly the same issues, whilst watching programmes on catch up. Same as you, anything we watch that is built into the TV, Netflix, Amazon etc is fine. Did you ever find out a solution?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

While prevalent for you, we and many other people have no such issues with our Sticks.

Does the audio lag or lead the video?

What make and model of TV have you got, which HDMI input are you using, and what picture processing are you applying?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.