cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV stick - help please!

I recently ordered a now tv stick to replace the box, I was attracted by the voice remote and the fact it’s hidden behind the tv. So I’ve gone to set it up a few times now, I plug everything in, pair the remote and get to the ‘lets get started’ screen. Arrow across, select look for wireless connection. Then that takes so long the remote seems to drop the connection, and when my WiFi comes up I cannot get the remote to work to select it. The stick has now gone to sleep and I’m pressing buttons on the remote and nothing happens. The green led flashes for about 5 mins and then turns off! I also tried adding an hdmi extender but it didn’t make any difference. Also the stick gets really hot!

anyone got any advice to save me from losing my mind?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User With the stick plugged in and switched on have you tried holding the little reset button on the side of the stick in for about 10 seconds, that should force a factory reset and the stick will re-establish pairing with the remote again.

You can also have a read here

https://help.nowtv.com/article/remote-control-troubleshooting

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

I recently ordered a now tv stick to replace the box, I was attracted by the voice remote and the fact it’s hidden behind the tv. So I’ve gone to set it up a few times now, I plug everything in, pair the remote and get to the ‘lets get started’ screen. Arrow across, select look for wireless connection. Then that takes so long the remote seems to drop the connection, and when my WiFi comes up I cannot get the remote to work to select it. The stick has now gone to sleep and I’m pressing buttons on the remote and nothing happens. The green led flashes for about 5 mins and then turns off! I also tried adding an hdmi extender but it didn’t make any difference. Also the stick gets really hot!

anyone got any advice to save me from losing my mind?

Hi @Anonymous User 

How are you powering the Stick? Via a USB Wall Power Outlet or via the USB I/O on the actual TV?

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Currently via the wall outlet, although I have tried it directly into the tv too. 

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Currently via the wall outlet, although I have tried it directly into the tv too. 

Hmmm, is there any way you set a hotspot up on your phone and try to connect to it instead of your normal router? @Anonymous User Could be a number of things but we'll keep trying and hopefully come up with a solution.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Tony-D wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hmmm, is there any way you set a hotspot up on your phone and try to connect to it instead of your normal router? @Anonymous User Could be a number of things but we'll keep trying and hopefully come up with a solution.

I could do that, if I could get the remote to work!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User With the stick plugged in and switched on have you tried holding the little reset button on the side of the stick in for about 10 seconds, that should force a factory reset and the stick will re-establish pairing with the remote again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy wrote:

I have tried that thanks, but the same thing happens again! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy wrote:

Just tried this again and it worked! Thanks so much! @Andy

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Ah that's good hope everything behaves itself from now on!