cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV smart stick won't update

Am really sick of recent now TV products bought a new smart box which got ridiculously hot and the picture would start failing going green screen and freezing,binned that and bought a smart stick and the problems keep coming! When first turned on never makes it past the now TV start screen, turn power off and on then now TV works go to update and once update loaded just sits on the start up mimic have to kill power again to be able to get it to work but update has not been done. I have reset the stick checked connection status and bandwidth settings are on auto, any ideas before I throw this away and cancel my subscription?
12 REPLIES 12
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @ken242

Can't help with regards to the smart stick not updating sorry, apart from a factory reset on the stick or see if the stick updates on either a family members or friends internet home network if they live close to you.

Suppose there is always the possibility that your nowtv stick is faulty and you may need a replacement under warranty.

Hopefully somebody on here who owns the smart stick and has encountered the updating issue and resolved it will offer you some assistance.

Out of curisoity @ken242 Is your ISP Virgin like @Anonymous User or are you with somebody else ?

ken242
Expert

I am with bt and I lost count of how many times I’ve reset my now TV stick a manner factory The NOW TV advisor told me to do
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ken242

Ignoring the multi colour picture break ups that both of us are encountering on the live nowtv streams (where we a relying on nowtv to fix this their end where there is nothing we can do about it ourselves) Smiley Sad

What baffles me though, is that you say one of your smart sticks works, where the second stick that you own is stuck in the updating process loop and will not work at all using the same TV and WiFi network in your house.

Unless somebody comes up with an answer, then if it was me i would think about replacing the second stick (that is stuck on this continous updating cycle) under warranty from the Retailer that you purchased it from.