cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV remote not working

Hi, I have a NowTV remote which has just stopped working. Its less than 4 months old so should still be under guarantee but I cannot find a telephone number to contact customer services. I got online chat working for the guy to disconnect me after he tried to transfer me and no one is replying to my email. Ive reset the box and changed the batteries. Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

See help guide linked below for further information how to return items under warranty.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/return-or-replace-now-tv-box-stick-or-accessories

I am guessing you have tried all the basic stuff like check the batteries, do a soft power re boot on the box, some people have reported success by holding the nowtv or home button key on the remote for say 20 seconds in the past.

Also, in the short term have you tried the Roku remote controller App that you can download for free from your mobile device Apps Store.

If you do download the Roku remote control App on your mobile device and if it works on your box, maybe try a forced software update on your box to see if the nowtv remote then works.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. I have a now tv usb stick. My remote batteries died. I replaced and the rest button on the back does nothing.. i have held for a long time and intermittently.. no lights or any action on the tv. No buttons work on my remote except for the home.. which takes me home. When pressed and held it goes to now tv pair device with a pic of the remote on right and remote on the left however i am unable to select.. only press the home key which takes me back home.

Please please help me

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Last resort you could try a factory reset on your NowTV stick.

To factory reset the stick with both the TV and stick switched on, press and hold in the small reset button on the stick for about 15 to 20 seconds where the Lets Get Started Message should appear on your television screen.

When you factory reset the stick you will have to set it up again from scratch (make sure you use your same existing account details on it).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanj yoi for the reply. I have done this and now am stuck at the lets get started screen.. the batteries i took out n put in and i got the screen showing to do that .. as soon as the batteries are in the reset button on ny remote flashes green n the tv screen changes ti lets get started. I need to selext a language but my retoe is none respinsive so i am unable to. I have reset and tried this at least 8 times noe.. same everytime. My remote is oicked up when the batteries are taken out n put in but they wont work for the lets get started page. I had ni problems at all before my batteries died and ive had the stick for a few years now.. apologies for spellig errors my phone screen is also broken haha 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem now using the phone app but besides the point brought it towards end of June from b&m have the now TV stick, changed the battery's worked for few minutes then stopped turned everything off back on ect nothing then started working then off again, tried the reset button on stick, tried battery's out tried pairing it, the lights flashing but nothing and the WiFi strength is fine been working fine up until 2 days ago! Only the home button would to start with but now none of it 😭😭😭

Geluk
Expert 2
Spoiler
Spoiler
Non responsive remote

They really could do with including a user guide to explain the LED status on both USB & Remote. I've a Samsung smart tv, and a coupe of other NOWTV boxes; these all could be set up easily, but my new STICK is a PITA!

I used the mains USB LEAD, to power stick.

The remote was very intermittent, though pleasantly surprised remote doesn't need to be in line of USB; however, though it allowed me to input password for wifi, and performed s/ware update, when I got to SELECT YOUR TIME ZONE, couln't make  a selection. Did a soft restart on USB, relinked with remote; NO CHANGE. 😞

Eureka moment was changing power supply for STICK from mains socket to a 5v USB socket on TV; it now works- go figure!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have usb power to tv socket usb since always and it doesn’t work. ☹️
Samsung smart tv.
Geluk
Expert 2

have 3 USB Ports; have you tried another, preferably one showing "5v".

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have moved house and having the exact same problem.
Now tv stick and remote. When i power on now tv stick i get set up page..
when i put batteries in it goes to pairing page but will not pai. Green
light on Remote does not come on at all. Have held for 3 seconds.. 60
seconds.. even a few mins. Have tried 20 different times. Different
batteries etc.

I have roku app but stick on a diff wifi so roku wont pick up stick.

Why is it so difficult??
I am paying for now tv and cannot watch now..

Googled and don't think i can do anything.
Please advise asap but dont tell me to try facrory reset with battery
button back as must have tried 50 times over the past few days and
absolutely nothing happens

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I read it all, tried it all and it doesn't work  I have it sent directly from Now TV.  Could I get replacement for the remote? It is not even 12m since I have it. Thanks 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was using my now tv box for the first time in a long time but I realised my remote wasn't working so used my phone but Disney plus wasn't working so I reset my box but now I can't use my phone to control it 

any solutions?