cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV remote not working

Hi, I have a NowTV remote which has just stopped working. Its less than 4 months old so should still be under guarantee but I cannot find a telephone number to contact customer services. I got online chat working for the guy to disconnect me after he tried to transfer me and no one is replying to my email. Ive reset the box and changed the batteries. Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

See help guide linked below for further information how to return items under warranty.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/return-or-replace-now-tv-box-stick-or-accessories

I am guessing you have tried all the basic stuff like check the batteries, do a soft power re boot on the box, some people have reported success by holding the nowtv or home button key on the remote for say 20 seconds in the past.

Also, in the short term have you tried the Roku remote controller App that you can download for free from your mobile device Apps Store.

If you do download the Roku remote control App on your mobile device and if it works on your box, maybe try a forced software update on your box to see if the nowtv remote then works.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

See help guide linked below for further information how to return items under warranty.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/return-or-replace-now-tv-box-stick-or-accessories

I am guessing you have tried all the basic stuff like check the batteries, do a soft power re boot on the box, some people have reported success by holding the nowtv or home button key on the remote for say 20 seconds in the past.

Also, in the short term have you tried the Roku remote controller App that you can download for free from your mobile device Apps Store.

If you do download the Roku remote control App on your mobile device and if it works on your box, maybe try a forced software update on your box to see if the nowtv remote then works.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I managed to locate a telephone number and they are sending a new remote out in the post. In the meantime I have downloaded the remote app to my phone.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem, could you please share the phone number please so I can get a new remote, thanks 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

they wont get back to you, i had to chase for months

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I have the same problem with my Now TV remote, can I ask which number you rang to order a replacement please? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello ,

How can I request for replacement fNow tv remote  as existing one does not work (Not a Battery problem) .

Thank you

Santhosh

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Did you buy the nowtv device directly from the nowtv website or did you buy it from a Retail Shop such as Argos, Curry's, Tesco etc ?

Also, is the nowtv device within the 12 month warranty period.

More info here on how to return or replace a nowtv device.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you the app was quick to install prefer to remote!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Could you please advise of the app you use?