cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Stick on LG TV Problems

I have just moved my Now TV Stick from my Panasonic TV, where it worked perfectly, to my LG TV where it has some issues. I have read other posts on the forum relating to problems with LG TVs but none seem to deal with my issues. 

First I would say that my TV is less than 12 months old and I have tried the stick in both hdmi ports with the same results.

The Stick allows me to watch the Sky content including Sports passes but I cannot get any of the apps that are available through Now TV. In particular I cannot get the BT App. On the Home screen the second box down on the l/h side says “Previews” rather than “Apps” which is displayed when used on the Panasonic TV.

Second issue is that the Stick remote control does not work at all to control the stick.

As I said all work perfectly on my Panasonic TV so I presume the issues are with the TV and not the Stick.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Saint1976
Elite 3

Glad you got it working

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What happens when you move the Stick back to the Panasonic TV (assuming you are still using it) does everything work has normal before you moved the Stick to your newer LG TV ?

When you moved the Stick to the LG Television i am assuming you have gone into the Stick menu Settings and under Remotes you have Set Up remote for TV control ?

Otherwise the Stick remote will be using the IR commands on the previous Panasonic TV for volume up and down and TV on / off standby.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

With regards to the third Party Apps, i don't know why they are not showing on your main Stick Home Screen page.

What happens if you go to My Apps, and pick up the Apps from there (do the third party Apps show and play ?).

If there is no sign of the third party Apps, then have you gone to Apps Store and tried re adding them again ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When I go to the bottom of the homepage on the Panasonic I have 8 options from “Home” to “Settings”. On the LG I only have the first 5.  “My Apps”, “App Store” & “Settings” are not displayed. 

At the top of the Home screen the second box down on the l/h side with a green circle says “My Apps” on the Panasonic but on the LG it says “Previews”

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User really daft question, how are you getting to the NowTV on the LG TV? Are you pressing home on the remote and clicking on the NowTV header along the bottom of the screen? Or are you pressing home and going to the grey 'input 1', 'input 2' etc header at the bottom of the screen (they may be hidden way to the right off the screen you can see)?

If it's the former, you're trying to access the TV's inbuilt app that you haven't logged into - hence the 'preview'.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Saint1976 

That's a good question and sounds like you are on the right track.

Where i assumed the LG television was a non Smart TV not using Web OS and doesn't have the native NowTV App on it.

I suppose the clue was the LG was less than 12 months old which i didn't pick up on from the first post.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I get to Now TV on the LG via the inbuilt LG Now TV app. When my Home Screen comes up I get no response from my stick remote but I have limited functionality using the LG remote. The home screen that I see on the LG is as previously described - no access to My Apps, App Store or Settings.

Not sure I understand your comment about “logging in” to the LG inbuilt app?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I get to Now TV on the LG via the inbuilt LG Now TV app. When my Home Screen comes up I get no response from my stick remote but I have limited functionality using the LG remote. The home screen that I see on the LG is as previously described - no access to My Apps, App Store or Settings.

OK, never mind my posting above. You are just running the NowTV app on the LG TV, which has nothing whatsoever to do with the Stick. As above, you can unplug the Stick, and it won’t make a blind bit of difference. So the inbuilt app works only with the TV remote, and it doesn’t include the other apps as you already have those on the TV anyway, at least the ones they provide.

So forget the inbuilt app, don’t try to run the inbuilt app, switch instead to the HDMI input that you have plugged the Stick into, and everything will work as you expect because you will actually now be using the Stick.

Except that maybe the TV On/Off and volume controls on the NowTV remote won’t work the LG TV because they have been programmed for the Panny, and will need reprogramming for the LG.

But all the NowTV buttons should work OK.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried the stick in both hdmi slots and in both the screen displays “No signal”

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried the stick in both hdmi slots and in both the screen displays “No signal“