cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Stick keeps updating

I received a Now TV stick today. I plugged it in, selected my network and it started an update. Once complete it resets and when it boots back up it wants to update again. I have done this 5 times now. I have also done a factory reset in between twice with the same results. Very frustrated. I am hoping someone can help. 

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having exactly the same problem. I tried updating from bios as well, recycling update server but to no avail. Waited in a q for an hour to speak with "online chat" to be cut off! Not happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m having the same issue. Where did you buy yours? I got mine from

amazon

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Don't know if anything in this linked thread below helps in anyway.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Stick/New-NowTV-Stick-stuck-on-logo-screen/m-p/525421#M4548 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. I’m not even getting that far! It connects to WiFi, tries to do update then goes back to let’s get started screen. It’s also getting very hot, doesn’t seem right? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Try a factory reset by holding the reset button on the Stick for about 15 seconds.

Also if you have more than one television in the home, try temporary setting up the Stick on the nearest television in the room closet to where your Router is located.

If you are concerned about the heat coming off the Stick, then return it for a replacement or refund from where you purchased it from.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks