cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Stick causing interference with DVD recorder

I bought my girlfriend a TV Stick a while back and she recently changed her broadband router. Ever since then, if the TV stick is plugged in to her TV via HDMI, it causes the picture coming via the DVD recorder to break up. Even though they are plugged to seperate HDMI inputs. The only solution currently is to leave the TV stick unplugged from the HDMI. Any thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Somebody had something similar with a nowtv stick and their Freeview or FreeSat box if my memory serves me right.

I can't find the orginal thread on the forum at the moment and not sure how or if the OP resolved it.

Can only suggest the basic stuff, like maybe try swapping the HDMI ports on the stick and DVD player, try a different WiFi channel on your router and if your router is dual band try both 2.4 & 5 ghz frequency bands.

If you was using the usb off the TV to power the stick, then maybe try it with the power adapter that came in the box  and keep all cables between the stick and DVD player away from each other.

Also see if a different HDMI cable makes any difference on your DVD player.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Here's the other thread that i mentioned about the nowtv stick interfering with the Youview channels on the TV.

Maybe there is something in this thread that can help ?

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Stick/Stick-amp-Freeview-YouView/td-p/470167