cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Stick Unresponsive

Just posting this as an FYI in the event it helps other out.

Recently, my NOW TV Stick became unresponsive.  I tried lots of different things.  Complete reset; new batteries in the remote etc.  I swapped it for another stick I have in a different room.

Given a different stick still had issues, in desperation, I thought perhaps it was not communicating with the remote properly.  The stick is buried behind a 65" flat screen and perhaps the remote signal was unreliable?  The wifi signal showed excellent (so why would the remote have an issue).  However, I got a short HDMI male/female cable so that i could stick the stick to the rear/side edge of the screen and lo and behold no issues since.

I have no idea why this issue only surfaced more recently but changing the position of the stick seems to have addressed the problem. 

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

UPDATE

My earlier optimism was misplaced.  After 48 Hours, the same non-responsive issue resurfaced.  Instead I have plugged the stick into am HDMI port on my AV Receiver and at this stage, looks okay again.  Will update when I have tried this out for a while.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi mikeg

I recently have the same problem with my now tv stick. If it is plugged directly into the TV everything works fine. If it is plugged into the receiver (a newish Marantz) then the wifi and remote don't work - it is stuck unresponsive at the menu. Unplug and move to TV input and it springs to life. Plug back into receiver- dead.

If I leave the receiver on and turn the tv off and on it gets weirder- it connects to wifi for a few seconds and responds to the remote before freezing again.