cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Stick Broke TV

I got a Now TV Stick about a year ago and it was all fine till about 3 months ago when my TV started turning off as soon as I powered it on. I assumed that it was just because it's an old TV so I thought nothing of it and got a new TV. Just now, my TV is doing the exact same thing. It sometimes powers on but other times, it flashes the JVC logo and instantly powers off. Anyone know a fix?
8 REPLIES 8
nowswaish
Scholar 3

How are you powering the stick? If using the TV USB it could be causing the problem. I feel it’s always best to use the mains plug that came with the stick.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been using the plug socket to power it. The TV instantly turns off no matter if the Now TV Stick is plugged in too.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What happens if you disconnect the power to the nowtv stick and don't use the nowtv remote, does your JVC television work every time ?

If so, the next thing i would try if you own a smartphone is to download the free Rouku Remote Control App and use the App with the stick (don't use or press any buttons whatsoever on the nowtv smart remote controller).

Should the Roku App work directly off your phone without switching off your TV.

Then the next thing i would try is going into the stick menu settings under Remote Control and disable the power standby & volume adjust buttons feature (either ignore the music prompts during the setup or when getting to picking a TV brand select another manufacture rather than JVC to see if there is some sort of infra red code clash with the stick remote and your JVC TV).

Then try the nowtv stick and the nowtv remote again with your JVC television to see if it makes any difference.

The only other thing that i can think of to try is to go into the JVC menu settings and have a play around with the HDMI CEC control settings.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The TV instantly turns off no matter what.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You aren’t by any chance pressing the button at the top of the remote to turn the NowTV Stick on when you want to use it, are you?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Don't know what else to suggest apart from if you can access the JVC menu settings then carry out a full factory reset on the television.

Other than that you need to take this up with both JVC & NowTV Help support.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My NOw TV stick also Broke my TV, now none of my HDMI ports works on my Samsung TV. Samsung says this is a common problem.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Get Samsung to put this in writing, and submit it to NowTV, with a request that they stump up for the TV repairs.

But I have to say that I have three Samsung TVs, all with a connected NowTV Stick, and nothing has gone wrong with any of them.

It must frustrate Samsung that their customers can’t just use the built-in NowTV app, but it is dog slow.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.