cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Stick + 2 months entertainment pass

I have just purchased a NOW TV Stick (with 2 months entertainment pass) to replace my NOW TV box. I currently have 3 weeks of an entertainment pass remaining to be used and have seen that, in setting up the NOW TV Stick, it seems that the 2-month pass is activated with a code obtained online during the set-up process. Do I therefore have to wait until my current entertainment pass expires to set up the Stick (to avoid losing the 3 weeks that I have remaining on my account) or can I activate it now and the 2-month pass will be added to the current 3 weeks that I have remaining? 

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

No problem if you wish to setup and activate your new stick straight away.

When you setup the stick you will be asked do you want to add the 2 month pass onto your current entertainment 3 weeks pass left to give you a continuous entertainment viewing of 2 months & 3 weeks or you have the option to save the pass for a later date (with a maximum 12 month limit to redeem the 2 month voucher saved on your account).

Just make sure when you setup the new stick you use the same existing account details used on your nowtv box.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User When I set up my stick, my code didn't automatically apply. If I remember correctly, the web page/tv screen (one or the other) said "congrats, you have a pass!" However, the screen crashed before I could do anything.

when I refreshed the passes page, it said I had 1 voucher waiting to be applied so luckily I didn't lose it.

I'm not 100% sure with it being an automatic voucher but it should start  as soon as your current offer ends. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

No problem if you wish to setup and activate your new stick straight away.

When you setup the stick you will be asked do you want to add the 2 month pass onto your current entertainment 3 weeks pass left to give you a continuous entertainment viewing of 2 months & 3 weeks or you have the option to save the pass for a later date (with a maximum 12 month limit to redeem the 2 month voucher saved on your account).

Just make sure when you setup the new stick you use the same existing account details used on your nowtv box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve just set up a TV stick with 2 months entertainment pass for a friend I want to change the email @ card details to him is this an easy process?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Not sure what you are asking ?

Have you setup the new stick on one account and you want to transfer the two month pass on another account with a different email address or something else.

Sorry for misunderstanding your question in advance.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I bought the stick for a friend but set it up with mydetails as the new account hold I need him to be the account holder so it comes out of his bank account not mine 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

So his your friend suppose to have both the stick and the 2 month pass on their account or just the 2 month voucher and you keep the stick or vice versa ? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

He’s meant to have the stick and 5he 2 months free pass

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The stick part is no problem where if you go into the NowTV App under My Account on the stick you can sign out of the App in your account name and then your friend can sign into the stick with their account name.

Or alternatively go into the stick menu settings and under Advanced System Settings, factory reset the stick to wipe all your details off the stick.

The problem bit is if the stick has been setup in your name the 2 month pass is already saved into your account and can't be transferred to somebody else's account from my understanding.

If it was me i would jump over to live chat and ask for assistance & help on this matter.

Link here to live chat, select the most appropriate or nearest help topic, then once you reach the final stage of the process scroll down towards the bottom of the screen page and click the drop down arrow below Get in Touch to reveal the live chat button.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/

If live chat can't help and the two month code is saved rather than activated, there may be a slight possibility you can extract the voucher code when right clicking on the redeem button where the voucher is saved under the URL in your browser but it can't guarantee it will work because i have never had the opportunity to test it out myself and give the extracted code number to somebody else to try on their account.

Should you have started the 2 month voucher and it's already activated on your account, then you might be stuffed and if this is the case make sure you cancel the pass fully to prevent it auto renewing.

Hopefully live chat will sort you out and come to your rescue.

Out of curiosity why did you setup the stick and bundled voucher in your name if it was intended for your friend ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks schnapps