cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Smart Stick not recognised on Tv

Iā€™ve been using my smart stick for a while and all was fine until I last went to use it.the TV reads, ā€œno cable connectedā€.

Iā€™ve tried unplugging the stick and the power lead to the mains but still no joy.

The white power light on the stick is lit so I donā€™t think thereā€™s a problem with the power cable, I think thereā€™s a problem with the HDMI connection itself.

Iā€™ve tried plugging it in different hdmi ports and still no luck but other devices work in the same port of the TV which is what is making me think thereā€™s a problem with the connection. 

Has as anybody else had this problem and if so how did you go about resolving it? 

Thanks,

Josh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

Examine the Stick closely, and you will find a Reset button. With it powered, press this for 15 seconds (less time just restarts it, so time yourself doing this).

You will have to set it up again when/if it comes back to sensible, but this is better than having a stuck Stick Smiley Happy

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

Examine the Stick closely, and you will find a Reset button. With it powered, press this for 15 seconds (less time just restarts it, so time yourself doing this).

You will have to set it up again when/if it comes back to sensible, but this is better than having a stuck Stick Smiley Happy

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Roy

All sorted šŸ‘šŸ¼