cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Boost Sky Sports judder

Hi,

I just took out Sky Sports on Now TV with boost, im using the built in App on my LG OLED, picture quality seems fine but watching football is really blurry in motion, and the sky sports news ticker judders.

I'm wondering if this is down to the LG app (I know it doesn't support 50 fps), would using a NOW TV stick improve things?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Yep it's mainly down to the current inability of the LG Smart TV's inbuilt NowTV App not being compatible at the moment with the 50fps playback with a NowTV Boost Pass.

You could try playing around with the LG picture processing to mask the 25fps playback, where i would start with True Motion switched off then experiment with the different De Blur & De Judder settings.

Though motion is not the strongest strength with LG brand televisions.

With regards to a NowTV stick then yes with Sky Main Event & Sky Premier League you should see a noticeable improvement with the Boost Pass.

Where the other 9 Sky Sports channels that doesn't currently support 50fps you will see no difference between the LG NowTV App and the NowTV Stick or any other NowTV device that is compatible with the Boost Pass at 50fps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the info, I thought that maybe the case, so even with NOW TV stick sky sports news will still be juddery.. I tried the xbox app too and that's just as bad even with 50Hz enabled.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Yep Sky Sports News channel current frame rate is still 25fps so using a NowTV stick will make no difference with the judder on the moving ticker bar.

Playing around with your television motion picture settings may or may not mask it slightly.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks but I hate tv motion settings so I will leave those off, i read the now tv 4K box has an auto refresh feature which may help so I will try one of those 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I actually use a NowTV 4K Smart box with the auto adjust refresh rate set to enabled and because the Sky Sports News channel native frame rate is 25fps the ticker information scrolling bar on screen still stutters and the text is a little blurry on my Panasonic mid range 4K television.

Where if there is a simultaneous Sky Sports News Broadcast on Main Event or Premier League the ticker bar text is pin sharp and silky smooth because of the 50fps native frame rate.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the info, I will give it a try and see how it compares to the LG app

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Fact is every channel should be upgraded same as the main event and prem football channel, should not need to pay for a con of a boost pack to get this either as it is just standard.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree, I’ve been forced into now tv as I can’t get a sat signal so had to ditch sky q.. big difference in picture quality 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why don't LG and Sky fix this problem?  It's a major inhibitor to people who want to watch Sky Sports.