Now TV 7 day Trial

Hi All

Do i need to purchase the stick to watch on the trial

thanks

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

NowTV has a player for a whole range of devices - see this page on the NowTV website for the full list:-

https://www.nowtv.com/devices

There are are a few gotchas*:-

YouView boxes currently carry only Movies, not Entertainment or Sport;

People report that LG TVs don’t give you the on-screen keyboard you need to operate NowTV;

People report problems getting going on Xbox One and PS4;

People report problems getting going on AppleTV;

People report problems getting the Mac app to work (though it worked fine for me);

People report problems getting the Windows browser/player app to work (though it worked fine for me);

But if you have Windows 10, the dedicated Now TV app in the Microsoft Store on your PC or laptop is unproblematic, and the superior solution.

The app on Samsung Smart TVs, 2015 or later, is pretty good.

If you have any of the devices on the list, you can at least try NowTV on them, if you can get them to work.

However, if you want to watch on a TV, and you haven’t got a Samsung, then some or all of the above devices may or may not work over an HDMI cable, or may or may not work by Casting, to your TV.

But buy a Stick, currently £14.99 at Curry’s, Argos, Amazon, and other retailers, comes with your choice of one month’s Movies or two month’s Entertainment (different packs, so make sure you get the right one), plugs in any TV with a spare HDMI port, ‘just works’.

So no, you don’t need to buy one; but if you want to watch on a non-Samsung TV with no hassle, my advice is do buy one.

*Anybody want to let me know any of these devices work fine now, and the problems have been fixed, please post below,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.