cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cara2
First Poster

Not tv stick not working on sky network

My sons now TV stick was working fine till a few weeks ago. 

It started coming up saying can not connect to network.

We can see the network. It connects fine. Says Wifi is excellent but cant do anything on the stick.

If I use my mobile has a hotspot it works fine. 

It's not an issue with the broadband. The connection is fine on every thing else in the house and shows the devices are getting 19mbps.

I have done every thing I can fine online.

Reset network connection.

Did a power reset

Did a factory reset on the stick itself.

Check for updates.

Changed the data settings

Moved the now TV stick 

But nothing is working. A lot on here said they just had to keep trying but I've been doing this for weeks!

0 Thanks
2 Replies
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Not tv stick not working on sky network

Hi @Cara2 

This is a bit of a long shot, but if you can access the secret menu screen (not sure if you can without the network connected).

Then perhaps try pressing the HOME button on the remote 5 times followed by one press of FF,PLAY, REW, PLAY and finally FF.

Once the secret screen appears on the television, select System Operations Menu, then change Disable Network Pings to Enable Network Pings, then keep pressing the back button on the remote until you are back to the start page then see if you can reconnect to your Sky Broadband again.

If no joy, go back into the secret menu once again and set the stick once again into default of Disable Network Pings.

Also have you customised your Sky Router where perhaps there is something on the settings or your Sky Shield settings is possibly blocking the connection to the stick ?

Perhaps try a factory reset on your Sky Router by pressing reset button for about 15 seconds and maybe temporary switch off the Sky Shield software to see if the stick will connect to your network.

0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Not tv stick not working on sky network

Hi @Cara2 

When you temporarily used your phone has a mobile hotspot with the stick, did you try going into the secret menu by pressing Home Button 5 times, then quickly pressing FF Button 3 times, then quickly pressing the RW Button 2 times, then select Update Software even if the stick is on the same version number whilst using the mobile hotspot ?

Then once you forced a software update on the stick, then try reconnecting to your Sky wifi network.

0 Thanks