cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No sound

Hi i have recently purchased a now tv stick and had nothing but problems 

At first it would work at all then i factory reset the device and it worked but now there is no sound at all 

Can anyone help please? My trial runs out in a few days and i wont be renewing if i cant resolve the issue

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi i have recently purchased a now tv stick and had nothing but problems 

At first it would work at all then i factory reset the device and it worked but now there is no sound at all 

Can anyone help please? My trial runs out in a few days and i wont be renewing if i cant resolve the issue

Thanks

What way are you powering the stick @Anonymous User 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hdmi in the tv
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

What happens if you use a different HDMI port on your TV directly to the nowtv stick and use the mains power adpator plug that came in the box with the stick.

Also go into the stick menu settings and play around with the different Audio options to see if that makes any difference.

If still no sound, what happens if you plug the stick into another TV to see (just for testing purposes) if the sound re appears on the stick.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi thanks ive tried hdmi port and still no luck ive tried to sync the remote and when it asks if i can here the music there is no music
Will try it plugged into the adaptor rather than the tv thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If the volume control is not responding on your nowtv smart remote, then perhaps try reading these two Roku Help guide articls which should be also applicable to your nowtv stick remote.

Please note that not every TV brand and model works with the stick smart remote TV volume and TV on / off standby controls.

I know of a couple of Bush TV owners have mentioned that the stick remote volume controls doesn't work on their television.

Out of curisoity what is the make and model number of your TV ?

https://support.roku.com/en-gb/article/115013019828-how-to-set-up-your-roku-enhanced-remote-to-control-your-tv

https://support.roku.com/en-gb/article/360004786894-why-is-my-roku-enhanced-remote-not-controlling-volume-and-power-on-my-tv-

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Its a luxor smart tv only about 2 week old
Thank you will follow those instructions and try that the remote does work though as i can turn it up and down and the volume comes up on the screen but just no sound at all
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

You may as well ignore the Roku help instructions that i linked in my previously post on here, because you mentioned that you couldn't hear the music after you reset up the stick and went through the automatic set up procedure again i assumed you was having difficulty getting the smart stick volume control on the remote to work with your television.

However you said that when pressing the stick remote volume adjustment buttons on the stick the volume display on your TV screen adjusted accordingly.

Sounds to me there is a HDMI conflict somewhere with either the TV or nowtv stick, perhaps look in the TV menu settings for CEC HDMI control and have a play around with the  settings. 

Don't know what else to suggest if you have done a full blown factory reset by going into the stick menu settings.

Have you got another television with an HDMI port in the house you could temporary test the stick on to see if the sound works with the stick on a different TV ?  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your help. I managed to resolve the issue in my TV settings and now have the sound working.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi can i ask what you did to you tv setting to get sound on you stick as iv had same problem