cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No sound now tv stick

Hey I’ve recently bought a now tv hdmi stick  and I have no sound on my tv but I can get sound through my phone ?? Can someone help me please 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Couple of things that i would try.

1. See if using a different HDMI port on your television makes any difference.

2. Go into the Stick settings and under Audio try playing around with the different sound options (start with Stereo).

3. Go into your television sound menu settings and play around with the different options.

4. Go into your television settings again and see if there is any option to change the HDMI CEC from on to off or vice versa.

Out of curiosity what is the make & model number of your television ?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Couple of things that i would try.

1. See if using a different HDMI port on your television makes any difference.

2. Go into the Stick settings and under Audio try playing around with the different sound options (start with Stereo).

3. Go into your television sound menu settings and play around with the different options.

4. Go into your television settings again and see if there is any option to change the HDMI CEC from on to off or vice versa.

Out of curiosity what is the make & model number of your television ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had same problem

i switched HDMI port and disconnected the stick for a minute and plugged it back in.

worked brilliantly 

good luck

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey  @schnapps 

the make is hitachi and the model number is V18B03804

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Any luck with the sound on your Hitachi TV from the stick ?

I am struggling to find that model number on the internet ?

Did you find in the television menu settings the HDMI CEC option to turn the feature on or off.

If you are still getting no sound from the stick using the television, then one last thing you could try is going into the stick menu settings under Display and change the output from Auto to 720p (i doubt it will make any difference but worth a try).

Should you still have no joy, have you got another television, just to temporarily test the stick on for sound ?

I am guessing there is no sound from the stick when using all the other Apps such has YouTube etc ?

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User If you have no luck following @schnapps ‘s advice, try doing a restart on the stick. You’ll find the option under Settings >> Power. You won’t lose your settings, so it’s worth a try.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the worst problem with no sound and I’ve done everything right .. I’ve found out that if you turn your tv on first then the now tv remote 2nd. The sound is back hope to help a few.