cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No sound from now tv stick on Panasonic tv

My now tv stick has no sound on my Panasonic tv. It does however work perfectly fine on my Orion tv (much older) in my bedroom. 

Any thoughts? 

11 REPLIES 11
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Well, it should work, it’s what I’m using at the moment. So, things to try; have you tried the stick in other ports on the tv? Have you tried another device in the hdmi port the stick is currently in? If so, any sound from that device?

if you’re using an HDMI switch, try either not using it or swapping cables. The most probable cause is that the stick isn’t being fully inserted into the port, possibly because the port is damaged in some way or just worn out. Or maybe something is getting in the way - a short M-F extension cable should help there.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

did you sort this? im having the same issue

Anonymous User
Not applicable

First, I'd try another device in the HDMI input on your TV, just to make sure that audio is being outputted.

Then go to the Settings>Audio>HDMI, check to see what's selected, you can chose Auto or cycle through the different options to see if it helps. If Auto Detect is showing Stereo then there may be an issue with Your Panasonic's audio settings for that input. 

Is the remote turning the volume up/down on-screen?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having a similar problem and have tried all the recommended fixes on this site. None of them have prevented brief stuttering at outset, then complete loss of sound. However, have just noticed on the main Now site that the stick should be powered from the mains, NOT via a USB port which is an option in the user notes I have used. Can't access TV right now as it is at a holiday home, but does anyone know if this could this be the problem?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
We gave up and use the now tv app on our bt box
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I’ve just come on here looking for answers, I have a Panasonic tv. Someone said to go onto your tv menu and go to CEC then turn it off. It worked for me 🙂 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks for the tip - will try when I visit our holiday home next. But what does CEC mean - does it show with these capitals?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I’m not sure what it means it’s just CEC in capitals, try and look for it in the menu on the tv
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

CEC is an acronym and stands for “Consumer Electronics Control”, which allows one device (say a Now TV stick) to control a connected device  (a TV, for example).

Some manufactures use their own name for this, such as Panasonic with Veira Link.