cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No Sky Cinema Pass on TV stick

I’ve received a TV stick with the Sky Cinema Pass loaded onto it a few days ago. Whilst I was waiting for the stick to arrive I took out a free 7day trial for the Cinema Pass which expired on the 1/4/20. When the stick arrived I set it up on the TV and everything worked fine. When the free trial ended though, I seemed to have lost the preloaded Cinema Pass with it. I have factory reset the TV stick this morning but it is still asking me to pay for a Cinema Pass. Any advice what else I could try? 

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you go to My Account > Passes & Vouchers is there any message towards the top of the screen saying "Voucher waiting for you with a link saying something like you have one voucher saved" ?

If not go into the new NowTV Stick and under the NowTV App on the Stick there should be a My Account section and see if it shows a Cinema pass  ready to start and check the login email or username used just in case it's different to the details you are checking here on the website.

Other than that if there is no indication under Passes & Vouchers or under Bills & Payments that a voucher has been added then i haven't a clue where the Cinema pass off the stick has gone 😡.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If none of my suggestions help, then there is one more thing you could try which is a bit of a long shot to be honest.

Because you said that you have factory reset the stick, would it be at all possible when you setup the new stick first you used one particular account details, then after you factory reset the stick you used another different account set of details, hence the reason why when checking on here there is no Cinema pass showing ?

If you think this might be a possibility then try this account finder form in the link below.

When the results come back it might show a number of result names, but from the results see if anything looks familiar that you may have used.

https://help.nowtv.com/account-finder/ 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have only ever set up one account with Now TV 😢 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I have run out of ideas, apart from try a second factory reset by going into the new stick settings under Advanced System Settings where there is a factory reset option.

At this stage i would normally point you towards live chat, but live chat is closed for the foreseeable future due to the Coronavirus pandemic 😠.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When I use your link and enter my name and the last 4 digits of my card it can’t even find my account 🤔 How can that be? My journey with Now Tv started like this: I signed up for a free 7day entertainment pass. I then cancelled that. I took out a Vodafone contract which came with a free NowTv entertainment pass for a year. Started using that on my phone and IPad. I then took out a free 7 day trial for the Cinema Pass. Before the Cinema Pass finished I ordered a TV stick with a month’s Cinema Pass loaded onto it. I set up the TV stick to use on our TV a couple of days before the free Cinema Pass was going to finish. When the pass finished (I cancelled it beforehand) the preloaded Cinema Pass wasn’t working anymore either. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The account finder link only came into existence yesterday and according to NowTV it's not fool proof or one hundred percent accurate it will find your account / accounts.

Like i said i have run out of ideas, because you have mentioned Vodafone on your last post reply, maybe see if there anything in this link that can help.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/vodafone-4g-entertainment-pass-offer 

Otherwise see if another forum member can offer some assistance or you will have to wait until live chat is back to some sort of normality and ask them for a replacement cinema voucher code that you can't get from your new stick.

Or send the stick back from where you purchased it from and ask for either a replacement or a refund.

Sorry i can't offer any more help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had exactly the same problem.  Sky/Now TV are thieves. 

I tried their so called chat line but they timed out while I was describing the problem.  Absolute shower.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Send an email to this address in the below picture. That way you won't have a "timed out live chat"

Customer services Now TV.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

In fairness to Now TV, the chat line support people have been in touch via email since my comment.  They have instructed me to provide further details which I will do I due course.

No resolution as yet but the dialogue is opened.

Thank you gave for your helpful input.