cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New stick not working in bedroom but old box did?

So my old now tv boxs worked in every bedroom, yet these new sticks wont work in the bedrooms! I bought the newest stick with yellow on thinking maybe this will work in the bedroom and still no luck, they are the worse sticks ever, litrally have to be in the liveing room with router to work, very disappointed as cant buy the boxs anymore! Will be takeing this stick back to today 👎
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

The problem is likely to be the WiFi range of your router; what make and model is it?

Was the box you had before also WiFi, or was it wired?

A thing that Amazon do with their Firesticks, but NowTV don’t, is to offer a short male to female HDMI extender cable, which besides letting you arrange the much bulkier Firestick, also acts to improve its chances of picking up WiFi.

You might like to try one of these, and see if there is any improvement.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=hdmi+extender+cable+short&crid=1OKGZMNXCP0ZE&sprefix=HDMI+extender%2Caps%2C138&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_4_13

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

The problem is likely to be the WiFi range of your router; what make and model is it?

Was the box you had before also WiFi, or was it wired?

A thing that Amazon do with their Firesticks, but NowTV don’t, is to offer a short male to female HDMI extender cable, which besides letting you arrange the much bulkier Firestick, also acts to improve its chances of picking up WiFi.

You might like to try one of these, and see if there is any improvement.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=hdmi+extender+cable+short&crid=1OKGZMNXCP0ZE&sprefix=HDMI+extender%2Caps%2C138&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_4_13

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi thanks for your reply will try that, there is no change with router or internet has been the same for years, even my old box works in my attic bedroom i got 1 box at the moment in the attic and that works great, i tried the stick in the attic too see if it worked and that wont work, they are not the best. I've proved that the boxs are better dont get why they changed them.