cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New now tv stick and need help ๐Ÿ™

Hi

Can anyone help me, got a new tv stick and every time I try to put the code in so my account hooks up and it says โ€˜something when wrongโ€™ 

Iโ€™ve tried updating the stick and restoring to factory settings. No luck. Internet and HDMI all ok

single mum with two kids here and could really do with a bit of help and sanity ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™ thanks for any help 

17 REPLIES 17
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

This problem is happening more than usual from what i can tell on the Community Forum, where i reckon NowTV have some sort of Technical problem effecting certain customers accounts.

I can only suggest try the MS Edge internet browser which works for me and if you are a UK customer make sure you go to the NowTV webpage shown on your television screen which has gb in the web address.

Or if you are a Republic of Ireland customer the address on the television screen should have ie in it instead of gb.

Also make sure when you type in the web address shown from the television screen it doesn't auto correct to a different nowtv web address when typing in your internet browser url address bar (not search engine).

You could also try your internet browser in a Private Window or Incognito Mode.

NowTV was encountering some technical problems for certain customers accounts when it comes to cancelling passes, applying vouchers or asking for a password reset (don't know if activating a new stick is also an issue for certain customers accounts).

Should you be using a VPN on your Router or the device when trying to access the NowTV webpage address, then disable it.

If you have a smartphone with a mobile data plan, then perhaps try the phone with the mobile internet data using the Fire Fox internet browser when attempting to type in the code on the web address on your television screen.

I am going to also send a NowTV Staff Member a PM to see if they are aware of  any current issues when customers try and activate a new bought stick on their account to see if we get any response from NowTV on their Community Forum.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I am having this same problem and have tried doing it on Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox nothing seems to work, i just get the same message saying something went wrong and to refresh the page.

Any other ideas on how to get it to work?

Thanks

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User , @Anonymous User 

We're looking into this issue. Would you be able to provide the serial number from the back of the stick? (It's the number that starts with SN)

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV

Anonymous User
Not applicable
X0011GPSI9

Iโ€™m being charged for the TV and canโ€™t use it despite trying everything and buying the stick. Really annoying and no customer service help at all. Appreciate your help

Sarah
Anonymous User
Not applicable

D43991283716 Is my serial number

tried every suggestion and nothing works. Hours lost and now tv are charging me for this utterly crap service

Anonymous User
Not applicable

D43991283716 is the serial number 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

I seem to be having the same problems as others on this thread. Tried all sorts and nothingโ€™s happening. 

SN : D43914094164 is my stick number.

Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I am having the Sam e issue as the others who have posted here. Can you help me?

My serial number is D43999318427

@Simon-J 

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Simon,

I wish I had read these messages before spending 90 pounds on a NowTV stick/pass combo that I can't use.

My stick serial number is: D43996424004

I would appreciate it if you could also look into mine.

Many thanks.