cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New customer

I’ve just purchased a now tv stick on special offer with sky sports for s month , thete was no useful information in the pack , I haven’t yet activated it . Question (1 ),do I need an aerial, question (2 )how long does the stick last ? I paid 29.99 instead of a much higher price . (3) How do I cancel the sky sports after a month, (4) do I need to purchase a pass as well? Or is it included and how long does that last ! I need answers before o send it back please! 

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Firstly, all the services on the Now TV Stick work via your broadband, so no need for an aerial....... Now TV also do a Smart Box that combines broadband stuff with freeview channels, so that would be the only device that requires an aerial.

Hard to answer how long the Stick will last..... it is fairly new device so will no doubt continue to work well as software is updated and Apps improve or change. I also recently bought Stick and would expect a few years out of it at least.  Some of the very early boxes that Now TV did are still working, but I'm guessing their performance is not perfect as they don't work great with newer software and I'm guessing the Stick will go that way down the line, BUT we should be OK for a few years!!!!!

I've never had a Sky Sports month pass, but I'm sure it would just be like the entertainment pass that needs cancelled as well...... just log in to your account and find the Passes section and under your Sports Pass you'll find the button to click for cancelling.

If you cancel your month Pass and go a while without one, you can come back again at any time with either a Sports Day, Week or Month Pass.  The Day and Week Passes stop automatically without renewal, it's only the Month Pass that renews automatically and needs cancelled.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thankyou. I’m assuming I’ve just paid for a months pass for everything then?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

If you bought the Stick with the one Months Sports Pass...... once activated you will have a months access to all the Sports channels and this would auto-renew unless you cancelled it....... you would need to buy separate passes if you wanted access to Entertainment, Cinema or Kids programming.