cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New black stick stuck after software update

Just received a new TV stick and after setup is says installing updated and reboot, but after reboot, it is stuck in now tv splash screen, I have left it for a few hours but no change. 

Contacted support team and they were no help at all!

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Bit of a long shot, try rebooting your Router to see if you can get past the splash screen.

If that doesn't work and you have mobile data on your smartphone, then try temporarily using the Stick with your smartphone has wifi hotspot until the Stick has uploaded all the software on it.

Should you not have a smartphone with mobile internet data, then maybe try the setup process again if you have another TV closer to your Router, then once the Stick is operational move it back to the TV you bought the Stick for.

If you get the Stick eventually working and there is no vouchers electronically embedded on it should it have came with free vouchers, then speak to NowTV live chat.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply i will try that but contacting customer services seem like a waste of my time

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

A few people have reported, that once they have got their Stick setup and activated, there is no sign of the bundled vouchers that should have come electronically embedded on their Stick, where under normal circumstances the vouchers are automatically uploaded onto their account.

Should you eventually get the Stick running and you are in the same bracket, then you will need to get in touch with NowTV for them to provide you with the missing vouchers.

You can alternatively send them an email, where you will need to give them the Stick serial number and they may ask for a copy of the purchase receipt for the Stick (according to a few people who needed to contact them).

If you don't want to use the live chat service, then maybe use the web form on this link page to contact them.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

Should you get the Stick running and the vouchers uploaded fine on your account (assuming the Stick came with voucher pass or passes) then there is no need to contact them and carry on has normal enjoying using the Stick.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Again thank you for the information, The stick was issued directly from NowTV to replace the white box version, which has work for 5 years without a single issue.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Ignore the bit then about the bundled vouchers where i assumed you bought the Stick from a Retailer, where i believe NowTV sent out the free or discounted Sticks for replacement to the old white boxes without any vouchers on them (just the standard Stick).

if you can't get the Stick running based on my previous suggestions, then maybe last resort before getting back in touch NowTV for a replacement to factory reset the Stick and try the setup process again.

To factory reset the Stick, whilst the Stick is powered on, hold in the reset button on the Stick for about 15 seconds.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Done both options and Stick still not working, this is very disappointing.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you have tried all my suggestions, then i am out of ideas.

Perhaps if you can confirm your ISP and the Router you are using with the Stick, then maybe other forum members who have encountered this problem can offer more advice & help.

Otherwise you will have to contact NowTV live chat for further assistance.