cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New Stick

Hi

I have been a Now TV user a couple of months now and have just switched from using a box to a stick. On my box i used to be watching normal tv and when i wanted to watch a movie i would just turn on the box and it would automatically switch to the hdmi that it was plugged into, which suited me fine. I had my stick delivered yesterday and everything is great apart from when i switch the stick off it turns my tv off as well. I would rather it acted as my old box did but can't find a way to do it. 

Any help appreciated

Wiz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Sounds like you are pressing the TV standby button on the stick remote controller if your television switches on or off.

The top button on the stick remote controller is for your TV and not intended or designed for switching the stick off.

Also, check in the stick menu settings that the 1 touch feature is enabled and your TV HDMI CEC setting is also enabled, so when you press the Home or OK button for example on the stick remote then the HDMI input source on your television should automatically change to the nowtv stick homepage screen.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Sounds like you are pressing the TV standby button on the stick remote controller if your television switches on or off.

The top button on the stick remote controller is for your TV and not intended or designed for switching the stick off.

Also, check in the stick menu settings that the 1 touch feature is enabled and your TV HDMI CEC setting is also enabled, so when you press the Home or OK button for example on the stick remote then the HDMI input source on your television should automatically change to the nowtv stick homepage screen.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply, i just assumed that the power button on the stick controller was to power the stick on and off, i will do what you suggest and see how it goes.

Thanks again

Wiz

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Yeah a few people have been confused by the on / off button towards the top of the stick remote controller where it is used for switching your television from standby to on and vice versa.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Redeem your preloaded content Passes or vouchers Is Waiting

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Click "Redeem now" to complete your device setup or vouchers pending on your account
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Sky Cinema Month Pass