cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New NowTV stick remote won't pair

Unpacked new TV stick and remote, followed instructions for connecting to tv to power supply and  and putting bateries in remote. Green light flashes on remote but tv screen on HDMI1 just remains blank. Looks like it's not pairing. I can't even find where/how to send it back ! Any suggestions please ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If the TV screen is blank then it sounds to me like a HDMI conflict rather than a pairing issue.

Perhaps try a different HDMI port on your TV making sure your HDMI input source on the television is set to the correct input and try setting up the nowtv stick again.

Also, i would try using the supplied power adaptor that comes with the stick instead of the usb port on the TV for power to see if that makes any difference.

If that doesn't work have you got a second TV in the house, just to temporary see if the stick works on another TV ?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If the TV screen is blank then it sounds to me like a HDMI conflict rather than a pairing issue.

Perhaps try a different HDMI port on your TV making sure your HDMI input source on the television is set to the correct input and try setting up the nowtv stick again.

Also, i would try using the supplied power adaptor that comes with the stick instead of the usb port on the TV for power to see if that makes any difference.

If that doesn't work have you got a second TV in the house, just to temporary see if the stick works on another TV ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, thanks for your suggestion. I'll try the Stick in another TV,
although the HDMI1slot works fine when a PS4 console's connected.

I Suppose I should have titled the fault as No Screen Display when
Stick's in HDMI1 slot with mains power connection and TV's set to HDMI1.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

got the same problem. Did you manage to solve it at the end? any insight?

They have no one to call or chat no customer service.. lost  here...argh!!!!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If the smart remote won't pair with your NowTV stick, then see if this help guide makes any difference.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-pair-your-smart-remote

Should you be getting no joy, then try temporarily switching the power off on the stick or a full factory reset by holding the small reset button on the stick for about 10 secs.

You will find live chat be opening up the link above and click on the Blue Get in Touch button on the right side of the screen.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes it turned out not to be a pairing problem - as the repliers suggested. It was an HDMI port error on my part - TV stick was in HDMI 3 and TV Source was set to HDMI 1. I put TV stick into HDMI 1 and all was fine.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had NowTv for about 10 months, turned on and asking to pair remote, my remote green light flashes but will not pair with the TV, and green light constantly flashes. So can no longer watch it, it worked fine for the 10 months, now nothing, last 3 days been trying, just wont pair, I've turned it off on, un plugged it, changed batteries, got another controller nothing still same problem.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the exact same issue. Remote just won’t pair and it’s flashing 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve had now tv for years. Bought a new stock worked perfectly for about a year then remote just disconnected and wouldn’t pair again. So I bought another stick worked perfectly for a month and the same thing happened. Any ideas on what I can do? I’ve tried resetting, changed batteries etc but the paired button just flashes and it says on screen pair your remote. Can’t even speak to anyone from nowtv which is frustrating