cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New Now TV remote for the NOW TV stick

I lost my yellow remote for the Now Tv smart stick so I followed the instructions given to get a new remote through Sky accessories. The remote arrived and it will not link up with my stick. When I look at the remote I got it says it is for the Now TV box but there is no option to purchase any other remote. Can anyone help?

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The NowTV Stick remote works over WiFi, where the older style NowTV remote which you have purchased works over infra red.

You need the NowTV smart remote with voice search and not the old style infra red remote.

Until you can source the correct NowTV smart voice remote if you use a smartphone then maybe consider the free Roku Remote App from your phone's App Store to control your stick.

When using the Roku Remote App don't ever factory reset your Stick otherwise the Roku App will not communicate with the stick unless the stick is already previously setup on your wifi network.

Maybe look at a replacement NowTV voice remote on somewhere like Ebay and send the other remote back to the Sky Accessories online Shop.

If it was me and you have a local B&M Store, then they are selling the Stick with either a bundled one month Entertainment voucher or one month Cinema Pass for £15 the last time i checked on their website (though i am not sure what stock levels are like in your Store region area if you live close to B&M).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks so much, I have the app and have been using it and it’s great but I’d like to have the remote.  Wouldn’t you know if the remote in the below link is correct. 

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-LC-40LB601U-LC-50LB601U-LC-24LB601U-LC-43LB601U/dp/B07RXPP949/ref...

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

My understanding you need a NowTV branded smart remote with the voice search button on it (i can't comment on generic third party supplied remotes).

Just had a look at the prices on EBay and Amazon UK for an original NowTV smart voice remote and the prices are expensive and it would be cheaper buying a replacement stick with a bundled voucher pass (unless somebody on the forum has a link for a suitable cheap NowTV smart remote controller ?).

Here's the deals from B&M.

Screenshot_2020-06-10-17-41-13.png

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

https://accessories.sky.com/catalogue/now-tv/all

You want the £8 remote, not the £4 one, and if you compare the remote you bought with these pictures, it’s probably the wrong one.

But the one you want is out of stock. Pity, as it is a sensible price.

The remote you found on Amazon - that’s Amazon.com, and the shipping and duty will kill ya.

The one on the UK site is £26 - ridiculous.

Get the £15 B&M offer, use the remote, extract the Pass, that’s £17 value for £15, toss the Stick in a drawer for when your existing one misbehaves.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.