cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nearly all apps stopped working on Now Tv stick

All of a sudden hardly any apps on my stick are working. ITV hub and My5 won't load art all, saying there's a problem, All 4 will play adverts then say video can't be played just before programme starts, but youtube works fine. Please can someone tell me what's going on? I noticed the system updated today, has it got something to do with that?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the exact same problem so frustrating I have emailed ITV too as I too continue to get the whoops what’s gone wrong message and More4 won’t do anything... all my devices in the house are the same. What on Earth is happening some clarification is needed and ASAP too @nowTv
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

My NowTV smart box had a sotware update last night OS 9.0.3 build 4070-68.

Once my box was updated it took ages for everything on the Home Screen to reappear and settle back down to normal (maybe 20 minutes, though i didn't time it).

I tried out BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4 and My5 and all these Apps appear to be working for me.

If the Apps in question are still giving you problems, then see if removing the App and re adding the App again from the Apps Store makes any difference.

Otherwise see if a forced software update on your nowtv device resloves it.

Instructions here how to undertake a forced software update on your nowtv box or stick.

This updates your software, fixing any faults in the process.

• Start by pressing your NOW TV remote control buttons in this order:

Home x5
Fast Forward x3
Rewind x2

• Select the Update Software option that appears on the next screen.
  • Press OK, even if you already have the latest version. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I haven’t received an software update since 22nd January 2019 and I have now tv smart box with freeview. How did you get a software update and I haven’t as yet.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

It was my NowTV 4K Smart box that has had the OS 9 software update, where my older NowTV Freeview Smart box is still on software version 8.1.3 build 4185-16.

Anonanon7

Had the same issue. It was resolved when I  selected 'System Restart'.