cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NTV Stick Low Power

I have had the stick plugged in via HDMI in the back of the TV powered by the cable into the plug into the socket (extension lead) worked fine for 3 months. Now the issue of ‘low power’ remains and it will not work. 

Cannot find this issue previously discussed. Tried all the obvious like reset and using just USB to power it etc nothing works. The remote decided to die on me with new batteries and reset etc so having to use the app on my mobile. 

the remote has caused me issues from the start now this! 

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not entirely clear what your issue is.

Have you tried a different usb lead to power the stick, leads go faulty and cheap leads are notoriously known for loosing too much voltage, I advise trying with a short lead from the power adaptor.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you for your reply.

I just have the one they supplied so I will try another thank you.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

It may well be that there is an update for your software, which it is trying to make, and these are known to need more power.

Put it on mains power for a day or so, until this is done, and then see if it will continue OK on USB power until the next update.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.